Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship at Michigan State University 2023
The Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship is inviting interested applicants for its 2023 scholarship grants for African students. Prospective applicants may request support for tuition or for other educational expenses such as research gathering or dissertation writing. Personal, education-related or family expenses will also be considered. Proposals requesting partial support to attend a professional conference will also be considered.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Award Value: Up to $1,000
Number of Awards: Numerous
Eligibility: To be eligible for Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must be MSU African students in good academic standing. (The grant has an emphasis on the educational enhancement of women)
- Applicants should be MSU students on a temporary visa
- Applicants must describe the factors that suggest the likelihood of their returning to their home country
- Applicants must have demonstrated capacity to achieve their educational goals and have the assertiveness to seek further opportunities to advance their education.
How to Apply: Applicants seeking for Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program should please send applications to: Office for International Students and Scholars, 103 International Centre. The application consists of 2 parts, a narrative and 2 supporting letters.
Part I: Your narrative should be 3 single-spaced pages or less and should treat the following topics:
- General description of the applicant’s educational goals and the relationship of the proposed activities to those goals, (What you will do and why, where and with whom).
- Specific purpose of the activities and the benefits likely in the short or long run to the student and the student’s home country.
- Budget outline detailing expected costs of the activities and other confirmed or prospective funding from university or outside sources to be received by the student during the time period of these activities.
Part II: Supporting letters
- Two supporting letters are required, one from the applicant’s advisor or chairperson and another from a teacher of the applicant.
For application form, click here (doc)