Continue your education in Canada. Happy news Scholarships at the University of Waterloo are currently available. We will go into great detail about this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
International students can apply for the fully funded University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023–2024. This scholarship is available for studies in undergrad, master’s, and doctoral levels. A $10,000 scholarship is available from Waterloo University.
To aid Canadian and international students, the University of Waterloo is awarding highly deserving candidates with the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards. Students from all over the world who wish to enroll in any undergraduate or graduate degree program offered by the Waterloo Faculty may do so through this full-time program. Based on the number of awards allocated to the Faculty, faculties will nominate qualified students. Students will be chosen based on their applications for admission to the graduate program’s admission requirements, which must demonstrate academic excellence.
Since admission to Canadian universities is currently open, scholarships are also available, some of which may only be partially funded. For the students, even partially funded scholarships are lifesavers because they significantly lower the cost of tuition. Therefore, admissions to the University of Waterloo in Canada are currently open and they also provide opportunities for international students to receive scholarships. These scholarships are open to applicants from all nations. At the University of Waterloo, scholarships are fully and partially funded.
The University of Waterloo, a public research university in Canada, has been cited as being the most innovative and well-liked for its cooperative education programs in the country. Ten faculty-based colleges that administer educational programs are provided, along with six faculties.
The University of Waterloo, why? The opportunity for students to work at this university is fantastic. Applicants can take advantage of significant opportunities to advance their careers here through management coaching, organizational development classes, and secondments.
At the University of Waterloo, there are more than 200 undergraduate and graduate (Master’s and Ph.D.) programs available. Additionally, these programs are eligible for scholarships. The University of Waterloo is one of the largest universities in North America, with a current enrollment of over 42,000 students. The Canadian government, universities, and donor organizations all offer a variety of scholarships.
Scholarship at the University of Waterloo Information 2023
- Host country: Canada
- Host University: University of Waterloo
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- The scholarships are open to study undergraduate and Research-based Masters’s and Ph.D. degrees in any subject offered by the University of Waterloo.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
Scholarship Coverage of the University of Waterloo
The following advantages are offered to the recipient of the University of Waterloo Scholarships:
- For a one-term study experience, the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation will award awards worth up to $2,500; for a one-term work or volunteer experience, the awards will be worth between $2,500 and $5,000; and for a two-term work or volunteer experience, the awards will be worth up to $10,000.
- For a maximum of six terms, the International Master’s Award of Excellence is worth $2,500 per
Criteria for Scholarships at the University of Waterloo
The following requirements must be satisfied by applicants to be eligible for the University of Waterloo Scholarships:
- Languages needed: English
- Countries Eligible: All countries
- Candidates for these scholarships must be in good academic standing (typically a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level and a minimum 75% average at the graduate level).
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, such as a volunteer placement, an academic exchange, a study term related to academic requirements, or a minimally paid or unpaid international co-op work placement.
- International students enrolled full-time and have a current Canadian study permit are also charged international tuition fees.
- Students must meet the Faculty’s set of standards for academic excellence.
- Will typically only be given to students beginning their program’s first term (term 1.0).
- Additionally, to other internal or external scholarships, this grant may be given (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc.). Note that sponsorship differs from scholarships
- Normal rules state that students shouldn’t simultaneously receive funding from foreign governments or organizations (such as Libyan or China Scholarship Council sponsorship) or be fully or partially self-sufficient beyond the minimum levels of support required by the faculty.
- Based on their admissions application, students will automatically be considered for this award. The internal procedures by which departments and faculties choose recipients based on eligibility requirements and allocation are defined by them.
- As necessary, faculties may set stricter eligibility requirements.
The University offers the following undergraduate programs and courses. For information on each program, click here.
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Architectural Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accountancy
- Business Administration (Laurier) and Computer Science (Waterloo) Double Degree
- Business Administration (Laurier) and Mathematics (Waterloo) Double Degree
- Business programs
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Classical Studies (2 majors available)
- Climate and Environmental Change
- Co-op programs
- Combinatorics and Optimization
- Communication Studies
- Computational Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computing and Financial Management
- Data Science
- Earth Sciences
- Education (teaching)
- Electrical Engineering
- English (3 majors available)
- Environment and Business
- Environment, Resources, and Sustainability
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental programs at a glance
- Environmental Science
- Fine Arts (2 majors available)
- Gender and Social Justice
- Geography and Aviation
- Geography and Environmental Management
- Geological Engineering
- Global Business and Digital Arts
- Health Sciences
- Honors Arts (29 majors available)
- Honours Arts and Business (29 majors available)
- Honors Science
- Information Technology Management
- International Development
- Knowledge Integration
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Life Physics
- Life Sciences (4 majors available)
- Management Engineering
- Materials and Nanosciences
- Mathematical Economics
- Mathematical Finance
- Mathematical Optimization
- Mathematical Physics
- Mathematics (14 majors available)
- Mathematics/Business Administration
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy
- Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Medieval Studies
- Minors and specializations
- Nanotechnology Engineering
- Pathways to medical school and other health professions
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Physical Sciences (8 majors available)
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychology – Bachelor of Arts
- Psychology – Bachelor of Science
- Public Health
- Pure Mathematics
- Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Recreation and Sport Business
- Religious Studies
- Science and Aviation
- Science and Business
- Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies
- Social Development Studies
- Social Work
- Software Engineering
- Sustainability and Financial Management
- Systems Design Engineering
- Theatre and Performance
- Therapeutic Recreation
Following are the graduate programs which are offered at the University of Waterloo, Check Each Program’s detail Here
How to apply for the University of Waterloo Scholarships?
- Candidates must apply for admission to both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs at the university. Candidates can access the application on their forms pages after receiving admission.
- The personal statement that applicants must include must refer to the application form. All applicants must show proof of their English language proficiency to be considered for admission.
To apply for an International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship, please follow these instructions:
- For information on the particular application deadlines for each Master’s degree program, visit the official website (link provided below).
- There is no need to submit a separate scholarship application because students will automatically be considered for this award based on their application for admission.
- The students will be chosen by departments and/or faculties and nominated for the scholarship.
The University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023 deadline varies depending on the program. Deadlines for undergraduate applications are always April 15, July 15, and November 15. Similar to Masters’s and Ph.D. programs, different programs may have different deadlines. All of these programs’ deadlines must be validated by clicking.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Study in: Canada
- Courses Offered: The scholarships are open to study undergraduate and Research-based Masters’s and Ph.D. degrees in any subject offered by the University of Waterloo.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
- For Undergraduate: April 15, July 15, November 15
Website to the University
To know more about University of Waterloo Scholarships, please visit the official website:
- International Master’s Award of Excellence Scholarship
- David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award