Pursue your education in the UK. Good news! Currently, applications for the Rhodes scholarship are being accepted. This page will describe in depth this scholarship program, its perks, and the application procedure.
The Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully financed international student scholarship. This scholarship is available for master’s and doctoral studies and includes a living income of £15,144 per year, all University and College fees, and the University application cost.
The Rhodes scholarship is one of the most distinguished academic honors in the world, and it is given to excellent students from all over the world each year. The scholarship, established in 1902 by Cecil Rhodes, a British businessman, and politician, strives to recognize and foster remarkable individuals with the potential to become leaders in their respective disciplines.
- Host Institution: Oxford University in the UK
- Number of Scholarships: Each year, 95 Scholars are chosen for a class
- Target Nation: International
- Level/Fields of study: Rhodes Scholars may enroll in any full-time postgraduate program at the University of Oxford, subject to certain limitations.
- Duration: Rhodes Scholars may pursue any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford, including the BA with senior standing over two years.
The Rhodes scholarship offers the recipient:
- A living allowance of £15,144 per year; payment of all university and college tuition;
- One economy flight to Oxford at the beginning of the scholarship and one economy flight return to the student’s home country at its completion.
- The college application fee;
- The duration of the Scholarship is two years, provided that excellent academic achievement and personal behavior are maintained at all times. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be renewed for a third year for students pursuing a recognized path to the DPhil (Ph.D.).
Checkout also McMaster scholarship here
Rhodes scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens of one of the following nations: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and Swaziland), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine (SJLP), United Arab Emirates, United States, West Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Age: Applicants must be between 18 and 24 years of age at the time of application.
- Education: Applicants must have finished or will complete their undergraduate degree before enrolling at Oxford University.
- Academic Accomplishments: Applicants must have a solid academic record and have great intellectual abilities and leadership potential.
About the Award:
The Rhodes Trust Scholarships are a postgraduate scholarship program that helps deserving students from all around the world study at Oxford University.
More than 90 Rhodes Students chosen from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 nations) worldwide receive the Rhodes Trust Scholarships each year to pursue postgraduate degrees at Oxford University. These are exceptional young people from a variety of backgrounds and interests who have the potential to become civic-minded leaders for the future of the planet.
Checkout Coolidge Scholarship here
Benefits of the Rhodes scholarship:
The Rhodes scholarship offers a variety of rewards to successful applicants, including:
- The scholarship covers all tuition, living expenses, and travel expenses for two to three years of study at Oxford University.
- Leadership Development: Through seminars, workshops, and mentorship, the scholarship provides chances for leadership development.
- Professional Network: The scholarship allows you to connect with a network of Rhodes Scholars, alumni, and other leaders in other sectors.
- Cultural Exchange: The research promotes cultural interchange as well as international understanding.
(1) You can submit an online application through the scholarships option here
(2) Before the deadline, you must submit your application online with all required documentation.
(3) Read the general information carefully before submitting your application, paying special attention to the information under the Scholarships tab on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes scholarship, the information in this document, and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford here