ISEE Bina Agarwal Prize for Young Scholars in Ecological Economics – 2023
The International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) Bina Agarwal prize aims to honor pioneering intellectual contributions in the field of Ecological Economics, which is of critical importance today in global efforts to enhance human well-being and environmental sustainability, with social justice.
The Prize will honor young scholars aged 45 or below who have contributed significantly to this interdisciplinary field, primarily focusing on developing and least-developed countries.
Application Deadline May 15, 2023
Eligible Countries: Worldwide
Award Value: The Prize will carry an honorarium of USD $1,000 and a Citation, with additional supplementary funds of up to USD $1,500, if needed, for the prize recipient’s travel & accommodation to receive the prize. ISEE may invite the prize recipient to make a keynote presentation at the award event to be held this year at ISEE’s 2023 Biennal Conference in Santa Marta, Colombia.
- The nominee should have made substantial and original contributions in the field of Ecological Economics, broadly defined to include environmental social sciences and environmental history.
- The contributions should include a notable body of published research of excellence (in terms of authored books and papers) in Ecological Economics, mainly as it relates to developing countries. Additional weight can be given to nominees whose work also shows demonstrated impact beyond academia, including on policy change.
- Nominees can be based anywhere in the world and belong to any discipline or nationality.
- ISEE members and regional societies of Ecological Economics members can nominate.
- Self-nominations are ineligible.
How to Apply: Interested candidates can click here for application guidelines